Liren began his accounting career 29 years ago as a staff accountant at our firm. Today, as our Managing Partner, he is in charge of overall management and administration of the firm, including directing the activities of managerial, professional and support staff, and coordinating manpower needs, among other resources.
In addition to his role as our managing partner, Liren is in charge of our firm’s government and not-for-profit practice group. He is responsible for overall administration and coordination of engagements, including planning and developing audit strategies, directing and implementing audits, supervising staff, and working with clients to ensure the timeliness and quality of our accounting and auditing services. His government clients include the New York State Office of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities, the New York City Department for the Aging, Department of Youth and Community Development, Department of Homeless Services, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Administration for Children’s Services, Human Resource Administration, and the New York State Affordable Housing Corporation. His not-for- profit clients include all entities included in the Relevant Experience section, References section and Appendix B, reference letters.
Liren serves as an instructor in various firm training courses and acts as a quality control reviewer for certain audit engagements which he is not directly associated with. As a quality control reviewer, he reviews reports and related workpapers to ensure compliance with GAAP, GAAS, and other professional standards. He also acts as a liaison between our firm and other accounting firms and consultants we work with.
Liren has fulfilled and exceeded the continuing professional education requirements under the Government Auditing Standards, the "Yellow Book," issued by the Comptroller General. Liren also completed the training to perform peer reviews of other firms on behalf of the AICPA.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Current Member
- New York Society of Certified Public Accountants - Current President-elect
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants – Current Member
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants – Former Vice President
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants – Former Director
- NYSSCPA Quality Enhancement Policy Committee – Former Member
- NYSSCPA Peer Review Committee – Former Chair
- NYSSCPA Peer Review Committee – Former Report Acceptance Body Leader
- NYSSCPA Peer Review Committee – Current Member
- NYSSCPA SEC Practice Committee – Current Member
- NYSSCPA Government Accounting and Auditing Committee – Current Member
- NYSSCPA Stock Brokerage (Broker Dealer) Committee – Current Member
- Queens/Brooklyn Chapter of New York State Society of CPAs – Former President
- Queens/Brooklyn Chapter of New York State Society of CPAs – Former Vice President
- Queens/Brooklyn Chapter of New York State Society of CPAs – Former Director
- Chinese American Society of Certified Public Accountants – Former President and Director
- Taiwanese American CPA Association – Former Vice President
- ASCEND (formerly National Asian American Society of Accountants) – Former National Vice President
- Wall Street Lions Club Cultural Foundation – Former President
- New York Wall Street Lions Club – Former Treasurer and Director
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting Baruch College, CUNY (graduated Summa Cum Laude)
- Certified Public Accountant, New York
- Certified Global Management Accountant
Member of AICPA, NYSSCPA, CASCPA